Emergency Care for children in Charleston, SC
We offer emergency, inpatient and intensive pediatric hospital care services with attention to detail and quality, close to home in Charleston, SC.
Residents of Dorchester and Berkeley County, North Charleston and surrounding communities are now just minutes from emergency pediatric services. Summerville Medical Center (SMC) provides 24/7 pediatric care for newborns to age 17. We’re proud to offer minimal to no wait times so your child has quick access to care.
Our services include a dedicated children’s emergency room and waiting room separate from adult patients. The six-bed inpatient and intensive care unit is designed for families, so that parents can comfortably stay with their child. The unit, created just for our young patients, is bright, beautiful and welcoming.
The state-of-the-art pediatric department includes board certified pediatric emergency and intensive care physicians and pediatric nurses. All rooms are private and include child-friendly artwork, colors and special lighting to make it easier for young children to pass the time.
Other features of our Pediatric services include:
- Board Certified Pediatric emergency and intensive care physicians
- 24/7 Pediatric Emergency Room specifically designed for children
- Pediatric nurses training in pediatric emergency care available around the clock
- Hospital staff trained to provide optimal comfort for children and families
- Dedicated Pediatric Inpatient and Intensive Care Unit
- In-house Respiratory Therapy and Medical Imaging staff trained in Pediatric Care 24/7
- Pediatric Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy